The job in short
You will lead Backbase’s product marketing team where you deeply understand how to execute complex enterprise software product launches simply, beautifully and successfully with your hands-on experience. Next, to being hands-on, you run and motivate a product marketing team and successfully collaborate with multiple customer-facing as well as internal teams. You will be reporting to the VP of Strategy & Propositions.
Meet the job
The product marketing team is the critical facilitator of product knowledge within Backbase, ensuring product launches are executed successfully and product information is always up to date and ready for use by customer-facing teams.
The team aligns go-to-market strategies and helps to define compelling features/benefits backed by competitive insights, customer centricity, and market trends. Responsibilities include being the marketing business partner for a product portfolio, generating and amplifying customer insights, and facilitating modern GTM tactics and strategies that make our customer-facing teams successful.
You will lead a fast-moving and cross-functional team which closely collaborates with Product Management, Sales and Marketing in all the go-to-market presentations that you and your team prepare. Day-to-day, you’ll sit with one foot in marketing and another in Product, working closely with both teams to share insights and turn them into beautiful and impactful deliverables.
In everything you do, you have strong attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into highly relevant and exciting solutions for our customers. You love distilling stories to their simplest form and communicating that in creative ways that others wouldn’t.
● GTM Strategies - Collaborate with Strategy and Product Management to build impactful go-to-market approaches, leveraging market insights and research to make our product positioning highly differentiating
● Product Collateral - Collaborate with Strategy, Sales and Product Management to deeply understand our propositions and translate them into impactful communication content for internal and external usage
● Content Creation - Write and create compelling product collateral, white-papers, brochures and data sheets, ROI calculators, blog posts, case studies and other special purpose content and video
● Product Demos - Support the creation of superior product demos with relevant demo journeys to be used by our customer-facing teams, partners and prospects
● Project Management - Drive and coordinate global launch calendars, ensuring alignment with the product roadmap. Hold global status meetings and meet with individual teams to provide status updates and to close any feedback loops
● Team Building - you are responsible for building a high-impact global product marketing team through recruitment, coaching and mentoring.
How about you?
● You have 5+ years of experience in B2B product- or performance marketing required. Banking, payments, tech or SaaS experience is a plus. However, a can-do mentality is of more importance than many years of experience;
● You are street smart and digital savvy. Proven to be able to do more with less. Do-it-yourself mentality. A true team player, hands-on and self-motivated, able to drive progress and hit deadlines;
● You have strong team building/people management skills, experience running and building diverse, impactful teams;
● You have solid experience with both technical and commercial product communications;
Masters Degree in IT, Business or Marketing;
● You’re a strategic thinker, able to balance mid-term vision with short-term practical steps, tactics and goals;
● Ability to grasp complex, technical subjects and make them easy to understand
● Excellent English speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others;
● Strong project management skills and the ability to act decisively. Comfortable working across time zones and multiple cultures;
● You have the courage to learn and to share your learning process with us.