The job in short
Backbase is disrupting the banking industry. Worldwide, renowned banks and financial institutions build their businesses using our mobile apps. What we do impacts the banking experience of millions of users every single day.
As Director of Mobile you own the mobile architecture of Backbase’s omnichannel banking solution.
Meet the job
You will manage the mobile teams who are responsible for delivering an end-to-end solution, from concept to production-ready software. They design, build and extend core-capabilities for the Backbase Mobile Platform from tooling to secure authentication based on our IAM solution. We love clean, testable, and maintainable code as we are building a product that is continuously evolving.
You will manage the day to day operations of the teams including hiring and retaining talent, mentoring your team, adopting and nurturing software craftsmanship best practices. You will partner up with the Product Director to contribute to defining priorities, OKRs and delivery roadmap your teams can execute on.
We like to keep work interesting and we encourage our people to develop their personal strengths. Whether it’s deep-diving into technology, Agile processes, or moving into full-stack development, at Backbase we offer the room to grow.
Our mobile teams use the following mobile technologies: Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, Python and Jenkins.
How about you?
● As a leader, you make people follow you because you're a credible person who speaks from experience and has the empathy to build effective working relationships and trust.
● The next tool in your leadership toolbox is integrity, you walk the talk hence people can always count on you.
● You are passionate about Agile processes and discovering the way of working that best suits your team.
● To expand your teams you know what talent you need and how to bring them in.
● Last but not least, you know how to keep your people engaged, motivated and happy.
As Director of Mobile you are a thought leader in mobile architecture design and industry trends.
● You are pragmatic and result-oriented and know the ins and outs of Agile software development practices and methodologies.
● You care about code quality and you don't only thrive in a complex domain but are able to guide our mobile teams through challenges of complex kind using both hands-on experience and soft skills.
● Security and other non-functionals don't scare you and you have what it takes to uphold our high standards.