We operate at the intersection of financial services and digital transformation, where we help our customers ride the waves of digital transformation successfully.
We drive strategic consulting engagements at top-tier to mid-size banks and credit unions - to help address their most complex business and technological challenges.
The technology strategist bridges between the business goals and strategy and the technical capabilities of a company. He/she has a deep understanding of the business, IT landscape and ambitions of the customer together with knowledge about legacy and modern technologies and the product portfolio of Backbase. Realizing working solutions, knowing the ins and outs, understanding the technologies, knowing how to apply them and being both creative and pragmatic. Daily activities may vary from advising, explaining Enterprise Architectures, Solution Architectures, Roadmaps, supporting RFPs and guiding delivery teams.
- You have 6+ years of work experience(overall experience of 12+ years) as a technology advisor for one or more of the best strategy consultant firms or digital boutique consultancy firms around the globe. However, a can-do mentality is of more importance than many years of the perfect experience;
- You are street smart and digital savvy. A true team player with a sense of humor, hands-on and self-motivated, able to drive progress and hit deadlines;
- You have minimum 4 years experience in consulting on Enterprise/solution architecture in the Banking and Financial Services industry;
- You have significant experience with customer-centric methods such as lean start-up, design thinking, value proposition design and agile transformation. You know the tools and best-practices that are common in the market. Next to that, your financial analysis / ROI assessment and business case building skills are second to none;
- You know like nobody else what the “bar” is for a great and impactful consulting outcome and respective deliverables. You are passionate about creating the most impactful analyses, business cases and high-quality pitches;
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills that will ensure successful customer engagements and collaboration across multiple teams, cultures and timezones;
- You have excellent English speaking, writing and presentation skills, as well as a strong ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others. You have extensive "owning the room" experience, allowing you to naturally command the room;
- You are TOGAF and Archimate certified;
- You know how to spot commercial opportunities and translate these in close cooperation with sales into solid presentations, pitches and/or tailored proposals;
- You naturally collaborate and generate a positive spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities and groups within a team environment;
- You have the courage to learn and to share your learning process with us;
- You have the willingness and motivation to travel on a regular basis.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts to discover more or come to a guild meeting to share ideas.
a global community
With 60+ nationalities working side-by-side in 9 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on projects with people from all over the world.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.