We operate at the intersection of financial services and digital business transformation, where we help our customers ride the waves of digital transformation successfully.
In a consultative and collaborative approach, you drive strategic consulting engagements with our customers - top-tier to mid-size banks and credit unions - to help address their most complex business and technological challenges.
With your deep understanding of our customer’s business models and your expertise in the (digital) banking domain you create a compelling long-term vision, laser-sharp financial business case and a value-driven implementation roadmap utilizing the Backbase Platform to its fullest extent.
Ultimately, by directly engaging with and presenting in front of the executive teams of our customers, you accelerate decision-making and help grow the long-term relationship with our customers successfully.
- You have 8+ years of work experience as a (digital) strategy consultant for one or more of the best strategy consultant firms or digital boutique consultancy firms around the globe. Banking, payments, tech or SaaS experience is a plus. However, a can-do mentality is of more importance than many years of the perfect experience;
- You are street smart and digital savvy. A true team player with a sense of humor, hands-on and self-motivated, able to drive progress and hit deadlines;
- You are a well-rounded and experienced consultant with superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills;
- You have significant experience with customer-centric methods such as lean start-up, design thinking, value proposition design and agile transformation. You know the tools and best-practices that are common in the market. Next to that, your financial analysis / ROI assessment and business case building skills are second to none;
- You know like nobody else what the “bar” is for a great and impactful consulting outcome and respective deliverables. You are passionate about creating the most impactful analyses, business cases and high-quality pitches;
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills that will ensure successful customer engagements and collaboration across multiple teams, cultures and timezones;
- You have excellent English speaking, writing and presentation skills, as well as a strong ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others. You have extensive "owning the room" experience, allowing you to naturally command the room;
- You have the ability to prioritize and plan effectively with a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and in ambiguity. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible and adaptable to growth and change;
- You know how to spot commercial opportunities and translate these in close cooperation with sales into solid presentations, pitches and/or tailored proposals;
- You naturally collaborate and generate a positive spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities and groups within a team environment;
- You have the courage to learn and to share your learning process with us;
- You have the willingness and motivation to travel on a regular basis
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts, a guild meeting, work on your personal development plan and make use of our training budget.
a global community
With 70+ nationalities working side-by-side in 14 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on global projects.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
hybrid work model
We enjoy the perks of working from home and in person. We also contribute towards your ergonomic home office space.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.