As a white label software company, giving our customers the ability to style our product consistently and efficiently across all platforms is key to helping them toward building banking experiences their customers love -- and the Backbase Design System makes this possible.
You’re insanely collaborative by nature as you’ll get to wear both the creative and technical hat when it comes to communicating with designers and developers. In a nutshell, you’re ready to become THE specialist of the Design System at Backbase.
- 5-7 years of UX/UI with a focus on design systems (both design kits and coded components);
- Figma is your tool of choice and you’re ready to become the ultimate advocate for it in Backbase;
- Clearly communicate design choices to your team (business analysts and developers) and are able to back up your design decisions with data, past experiences and best practices;
- Proven track record teaching others through the medium of workshops, training sessions, mentoring;
- Passion for best design practices and upholding the principles to deliver consistency and high quality every time.
- An up to date and online portfolio that tells the story of you and your design journey so far;
- Bonus points for experience working in fintech or digital banking;
- Be based in Amsterdam or open to relocation, it’s the main HQ of our design systems team and on office days we love to get together.
To really excel in this role we believe that you should:
Drive to bridge the worlds of design and development.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
The rise of agile development demands a much tighter integration between design and technology, while working on structures, resources, and systems to deliver design at scale.
At Backbase our R&D Product teams are at the center of a global transformation, creating Widgets that impact the banking experiences for more than 70 million people on a daily basis.
Every Backbase customer expects to be able to shape their own unique digital banking experiences and to do this consistently and efficiently, they rely on our Design System. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts, a guild meeting, work on your personal development plan and make use of our training budget.
a global community
With 70+ nationalities working side-by-side in 14 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on global projects.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
hybrid work model
We enjoy the perks of working from home and in person. We also contribute towards your ergonomic home office space.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.