Based in Krakow, Poland, you will report directly to the Compliance Director in our Amsterdam HQ and assume day-to-day management of a wide range of Compliance activities and implementation initiatives. You are going to be working within a Compliance team to identify, prioritize and roll-out key compliance & risk initiatives.
You are a passionate and agile individual that when faced with hard work can attack that work with a positive and energetic “Can Do” attitude. You are a curious person by nature and you are keen to understand the products and services of Backbase and the world it is operating in when performing your job. You can manage multiple initiatives concurrently,
- 10 years of relevant working experience in the practical implementation of global Risk & Compliance programmes, ideally in a software development and cloud computing organization; Good working knowledge of global laws and regulations relating to Integrity & Compliance risks including bribery, corruption, fraud, and sanctions as well as IT Security and data protection risks;
- Knowledge of EU/US legislation & regulation of the Financial Sector is a major plus;
- Experience in Information Security and Privacy Standards (ISO 27001, ISO 27701);
- Experience with Cloud Security Standards (ISO 27017,ISO 27018, MTCS SS 584:2020, CSA STAR);
- Good knowledge of GDPR and other privacy laws;
- Strong and effective stakeholder management both internal and external to your organisation;
- Excellent communication project management and organisational skills;
- Knowledge and understanding is preferred on Agile/Scrum/LEAN/SDLC working methods;
- Having knowledge/experience in the area of PCI/DSS compliance is a major plus;
- Solid spoken and written command of the English language;
- Professional certifications such as CIPP, CISA, CISSP, CRISC or other relevant certifications.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Backbase we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. So if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in this job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Backbase is the fastest-growing front-runner in Engagement Banking software and is experiencing explosive growth in high margin revenue, customer acquisition and headcount. To illustrate - headcount has grown from 50 to 2,050 people (1,000+ hired in the last 12 months), with offices worldwide and partnering with over 150+ global banks, transforming customer experience for 70+ million customers.
Backbase has bootstrapped itself into a profitable and debt free company, it recently (June 2022) took growth equity of $128m from a specialist US PE firm which resulted in a $2.6bn valuation
All revenue has gone back into growth. How many other companies or FinTechs can claim this? This is a clue to how different Backbase is. (2022)
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts, a guild meeting, work on your personal development plan and make use of our training budget.
a global community
With 70+ nationalities working side-by-side in 14 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on global projects.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
hybrid work model
We enjoy the perks of working from home and in person. We also contribute towards your ergonomic home office space.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.