The job in short
For this Business Analyst position, you are part of the Bid Team that handles outgoing project proposals during the sales cycle. As part of Backbase Customer Success Department (CS), you work closely with Sales, Pre-sales and RnD Departments. This is a crucial role because you will be making sure our proposals result in accurate level of of effort and feasible project plans to meet our customer expectations. This position is a great chance to learn and grow within an amazing and recognized fintech company.
Meet the job
We look at our Bid BA’s as rockstars who can take responsibility of the bids to start with and then as they mature in the Backbase system to take on projects as Business analysts.
As Part of the Bid Team, you’re responsible for analyzing and estimating qualified sales opportunities and providing advice to our sales teams on product positioning. Occasionally, you will travel to prospects to gather requirements together with the sales team.
As you mature in the Backbase system, you are able to take a winning sales opportunity to the next phase and can be involved in the project inception in order to help our clients realise their customer experience vision. You organise engaging workshops with our customers to capture essential requirements and identify all functional requirements needed. You analyse and prioritise client requirements for new client experience initiatives. You perform business process gap analysis and write user stories.
Our customers and implementation partners see you as a trusted consultant.
You can expect to:
- Collaborate closely with various sales representatives to ensure proper understanding of customer needs, priorities and define strategy of the proposal.
Gather, analyze and prioritize requirements from client documentation.
- Execute product gap analysis based on gathered requirements to maximize project and customer success.
- Collaborate with Front-end and Back-end Developers to estimate gap requirements i.e. ability to run an estimation session.
- Guard and make deadlines to ensure we respond to opportunities in due time.
- Contribute to Bid Team continuous process improvement (Improve used tools, Product Alignment, Estimation Accuracy, Way of working…)
- Run requirement gathering workshops with some guidance
- Write user stories based on business requirements with clear translation for developers keeping in mind best practices
- Effectively break down requirements and translate to appropriate-sized epics and user stories
Every project has its own set of unique challenges that must be overcome, and CS members must be able to think and react quickly to find a solution that works for everyone. Backbase is a global company and our people come from diverse backgrounds as well.
This job offers a launching pad towards a Senior Business Analyst role to work side by side with our customers worldwide and guide successful implementations with the Backbase product.
How about you?
● You have excellent English language skills, written and spoken and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders within Backbase, and potential customers at various levels. Organizational and cultural sensitivity is something that comes natural to you.
● You have at least 2 to 5 years experience working as a Business Analyst in an IT environment and know your way around requirements management, process modelling and development methodologies.
Next to that:
● You have a university education and degree (preferable business or IT-related);
● You are able to showcase good analytical and evaluative skills;
● You are experienced with Web Content Management and Digital Marketing Tools;
● You are experienced with working on mobile application development;
● Perseverance and pragmatism help you solve complex problems on your own;
● You communicate actively when needed within the team and management;
● Banking Business industry knowledge is a plus.