To be successful in this role, we are looking for;
- You have 5+ years of relevant job experience within finance;
- You have experience with ERP-systems, Netsuite is a nice to have;
- You have experience from within a multinational/global organization (B2B and Software/Technology is of particular interest;
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written) other languages are a plus but not vital;
- You are IT savviness; understanding the digital opportunities for your activities to increase efficiency;
- You have a positive attitude, highly energetic, collaborative team player;
- You feel comfortable in a fluid environment that changes as the business evolves;
- You have a solid, accounting and excel skills;
- You have the ability to change complex problems with large amounts of data into simple arguments. Backbase is the fastest-growing front-runner in Engagement Banking software and is experiencing explosive growth in high margin revenue, customer acquisition and headcount. To illustrate - headcount has grown from 50 to 2,050 people (1,000+ hired in the last 12 months), with offices worldwide and partnering with over 150+ global banks, transforming customer experience for 70+ million customers. Due to its first external funding (June 2022) its current valuation is $2.6bn.
All of this has been achieved via bootstrapping and without taking on any debt... all revenue has gone back into growth and it is a profitable company. How many other companies or FinTechs can claim this? This is a clue to how different Backbase is.
If you match the above requirements, please send your CV now, those who are a strong match will be contacted immediately for a confidential discussion.
it's my job
THE JOB AT BACKBASE
You perform pre/post-closing journal entries, including reconciliations in the general ledger. It is your responsibility to drive continuous system and process improvements including automation with close cooperation with global colleagues. A strong understanding of GAAP is vital, IFRS is a nice-to-have.
As Senior Accounting Specialist for General Ledger you will support the preparation of independent standalone and consolidated financial statements and will work closely with external auditors and our internal tax team. apply now
Join one of the knowledge-sharing breakfasts, a guild meeting, work on your personal development plan and make use of our training budget.
a global community
With 70+ nationalities working side-by-side in 14 offices around the world, Backbase is a place where you can work on global projects.
pride and fun
We take pride in our achievements and we love to celebrate them. We host a variety of parties, celebrations, team outings, games nights and office drinks in all our global hubs.
hybrid work model
We enjoy the perks of working from home and in person. We also contribute towards your ergonomic home office space.
We leave when our clients are happy. Not a day earlier. This committed way of working has won over a lot of our clients’ hearts. This isn’t our first rodeo.
join us to
This is the place you need to be… We want to know you and your skills.