The job in short
Backbase is a fast-growing FinTech software company. We have customers on all continents, work with professionals in countries around the world and have offices in 5 of the 7 continents in the world. We are looking for an Accounting Officer to join our Finance team at the Amsterdam headquarters.
Meet the job
Backbase has been growing and will be expanding more internationally. At Backbase, we do not get bogged down in process and compliance. We would rather focus on innovation and simplicity. You will report to the Manager Finance & Control and will work closely with the Finance team, consisting of two Business Controllers and other ten accounting officers.
Responsible for cash collection
- Review AR aging
- Optimize Accounts Receivable processes via automation
- Perform account reconciliation
- Support month end closing process
- Support external audits
- Own contract management and project administration in our ERP system
How about you?
- You have a minimum of 2 years Accounts Receivable experience in an international environment;
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or Economics;
- You communicate fluently in English, Dutch is a plus;
- You have a digital mindset and a passion for automation projects;
- You have experience with ERPs, Netsuite is a plus, and deep knowledge of Excel;
- You can work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- You have excellent customer service skills and for you is easy to communicate with multiple stakeholders;
- You have good accounting knowledge.